CSR – Results of Reader Surveys
Questionnaire-based Survey Conducted in Japan and Overseas on CSR Reports
The Mitsubishi Electric Group conducted a survey questionnaire among its stakeholders in Japan and abroad regarding the Group's CSR initiatives and the CSR Report 2016, resulting in responses from 815 individuals.
The survey elicited responses overseas from 215 persons connected with the Group. Their answers first reaffirmed the necessity of taking into account regional peculiarities and other factors tied to diversity in external environments. The Group hopes to get the views of even more people globally in the future.
A portion of the survey results is presented here. The Group's initiatives were quite well-thought of overall, with the responders offering many positive options. They also raised certain issues. The Group takes these points seriously and will adjust based on them in future activities, with the Group as a whole seeking to push further forward on its CSR efforts.
Survey Summary and Partial Results
December 2016 to March 2017
- Is senior management pursuing CSR initiatives in earnest?
- Does the company have the framework that will allow it to implement CSR efforts as a total organization?
- Are company initiatives truly moving forward?
- Is the company engaging in dialogue with the relevant parties in its orbit?
- Does the company consider ease of comprehension and access to information?
- Please select all those items in the report that made a particular impression on you (e.g. evoked positive feelings, sparked interest, felt you could approve of it, etc.).
- Are the Mitsubishi Electric Group's initiatives enough when it comes to crucial CSR issues?
- 600 persons
- General population nationwide, men and women aged 15 or older (people with a strong interest in the environment and CSR)
- U.S.A., Europe, Asia, China, Taiwan
- 215 persons
- Customers, stockholders and investors, business partners, CSR and corporate environmental policy staff, NGO and NPO representatives, people living adjacent to Mitsubishi Electric offices, government workers, university students, Mitsubishi Electric Group workers and family members, others