CSR – Product Safety-Related Principles
Based on the Corporate Statement and the Seven Guiding Principles, the Mitsubishi Electric Group promotes initiatives to ensure product safety under the following principles:
Product Safety-Related Principles
- We will not only comply with the laws related to product safety, but also work on offering safe and reliable products to our customers.
- We will prevent product-related accidents by indicating cautions and warnings to help customers use our products safely.
- We will work actively to collect information about product-related problems, disclose them appropriately to our customers, and report them quickly to the government and other bodies as required under the law.
- If any serious accidents occur resulting from product-related problems, we will take appropriate measures to avoid further damage.
- We will investigate the cause of product-related accidents and work to prevent any recurrence.
- We will make continuous efforts to improve our product safety promotion system.
Particularly in regard to consumer products, Mitsubishi Electric is committed to preventing serious hazards that could result in death, injury, fire, or other damage, by subjecting all products to a quantitative risk assessment at the development stage, while also designing and developing products in consideration of their end-of-life management (to ensure safety even at the stage where products are prone to break or be discarded). At the same time, our Customer Service Center in Japan operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to assist customers and gather their views about Mitsubishi Electric products. Furthermore, we disclose accident information, including information on the status of ongoing investigations, on our Japanese official website.