Reports about Mitsubishi Electric's advances in cutting-edge technologies
Vol.161 Optical & High-Frequency Devices
- Direct Modulation DFB Laser for 25 Gbps Optical Transmission
- 100 Gbps Compact Integrated EML-TOSA
- Compact Integrated APD ROSA for QSFP28
- Red Laser Diode with 2.1-W CW Operation for Projectors
- High Gain and High Power Ku-band GaN HEMT for Satellite Communication
- Analysis of Radiation Resistance in GaN HEMT
An introduction to the various fields in which Mitsubishi Electric focuses its research and development.
Industrial automation systems
Information & communication systems
- Functional encryption
- Transponder and antenna technology for use in the HTV
- Saffron type system
- Optical access system
- Super hi-vision HEVC encoder
- A security technology for the IoT era
- String-searchable encryption software
- Cyber attack detection technology
- Massive-element antenna systems technology for 5G base stations
Fundamental technologies / others
Our research centers around the world support Mitsubishi Electric's product development and business activities.
Advanced Technology R&D Center
The base for all of Mitsubishi Electric's R&D activities, focusing on a broad range of research for the future.
Information Technology R&D Center
The main center for the development of information and communications technology, actively developing new business in the field of IT.
Industrial Design Center
The core research facility for creating new business and products; we design ways for people to live in harmony with technology, society and the environment.
Mitsubishi Electric Research Laboratories (MERL)
MERL conducts advanced R&D in communication, video/image processing, data analysis and mechatronics.
Mitsubishi Electric R&D Centre Europe B.V. (MERCE)
The European arm of Mitsubishi Electric’s R&D focuses on environment, energy and communications technology.
A summary of recent technology, design and innovation awards won by Mitsubishi Electric.