Our major environmental initiatives all in one place
Mitsubishi Electric's environmental initiatives are introduced in four parts: "Environmental topics“, “basic policy and approach to environmental management“, “The environment and business” and “environmental report“.
Environmental report 2017
- Targets and achievements of the 8th Environmental Plan (fiscal 2016–2018)
- Long-term perspective and management approach towards solutions for environmental issues
- Environmental considerations for value chain management
- Fiscal 2017 environmental data
- Initiatives toward creating a low-carbon society
- Initiatives toward creating a recycling-based society
- Managing chemical substances
- Environmental communication
Environmental Sustainability Report
To provide an additional source of information about our environmental activities, each year Mitsubishi Electric produces a printed "Environmental Sustainability Report" that provides an overview of the major topics found in the Environmental Report and Environmental Topics sections of this website.
A quick summary of how the Mitsubishi Electric Group is creating value in the environmental field. Information includes our Corporate Mission and business lines, management objectives, Environmental Vision and key issues, opportunities for growth, and strengthening our environmental management foundation.
Chinese language version:
Basic policy and approach to environmental management
- Environmental Vision 2021
- Environmental statement: Eco Changes
- Group environmental policy
- Aiming to become a global, leading green company
- Environmental management
- Environmental Plan
- Environmental considerations for products
- Environmental considerations for procurement
- Creating a society in tune with nature
The environment and business
Evaluation of the level of importance of environmental risks and opportunities
Overview and environmental issues evaluated for each business groups
- Public Utility Systems Group
- Energy & Industrial Systems Group
- Building Systems Group
- Electronic Systems Group
- Communication Systems Group
- Living Environment & Digital Media Equipment Group
- Factory Automation Systems Group
- Automotive Equipment Group
- Semiconductor & Device Group
- Information Systems & Network Service Group
Introducing an entirely new water recycling technology that utilizes the power of electricity to break down substances in water that were previously difficult to manage. In this section we discuss the features of this technology and give examples of its applications, including "microbubbles" that remove grime, and ozone generators that produce delicious, safe, clear water using the power of ozone.
Until now, it was considered difficult to recirculate plastics, or recycle them from home electronic appliances for reuse in new home electronic appliances, as only 6% of the material could be recycled. However, Japan's first large-scale, high-purity plastics recycling system has raised that rate to 70%, more than 10 times the previous level. Here’s the secret behind this technology, and how it evolved.
The Mitsubishi Electric Group has developed a sensing system that generates electric power via the minor vibrations that occur generally, to wirelessly transmit data collected using a sensor. This innovative system enables the measurement and transmission of data in locations where securing a power source and the changing of batteries is difficult.
The Mitsubishi Electric Group developed a system that can efficiently recover rare earth magnets used in the compressors of household room air conditioners and began recycling this precious commodity.
June 2012. Kyoto Works, one of our factories, discovered a duck was building a nest. In the beginning of July, 7 cute ducklings were hatched. The parent duck and ducklings moved to a nearby rice paddy, with Mitsubishi Electric staff watching over them.