MELSEC iQ-R Series
Energy measuring module
The energy measuring module can process measured data at a refresh cycle of 10 ms and is ideal for energy saving and predictive maintenance at the manufacturing site.
Highly detailed energy measurements by simple setting and installation
- Easy installation and setting
- Highly detailed measuring
- By directly installing the module on a vacant slot of the base unit, measurement functions can be added without changing the layout in the control panel
- Setup is easily done with the engineering software GX Works3 without having to develop a program
- Highly detailed energy measuring at a refresh cycle of 10 ms, which is ideal for manufacturing equipment for beverage and semiconductor industries
Visualize CO2 emissions and other data in coordination with e-F@ctory starter package
- CO2 emissions management
- CO2 emissions, specific energy consumption, production volume, and electric energy can be easily checked with free sample projects of programmable controller and GOT (HMI)
- CO2 emissions are displayed on the GOT (HMI) allowing real-time monitoring on the shop floor. This will help raise awareness of CO2 emission reduction in manufacturing
- Electric energy and production volume data are saved for energy loss analysis per production line and equipment process
Energy measuring module specifications
|Number of measurable circuits||1|
|Phase-wire systems||Single-phase 2-wire, single-phase 3-wire, three-phase 3-wire common|
|Current circuit (A AC)||5, 50, 100, 250, 400, 600*1
|Single-phase 2-wire, three-phase 3-wire (V AC)||110, 220 common*3|
|Single-phase 3-wire (V AC)||110 (1-2 lines, 2-3 lines), 220 (1-3 lines)|
|Data refreshing cycle (ms)||10…10000*4|
|Measurement items||Current, current demand, voltage, electric power, electric power demand, reactive power, apparent power, harmonic current, harmonic voltage, frequency, power factor, electric energy, reactive energy|
*1.A value when a dedicated split-type current sensor is used. Each value indicates current sensor's primary current value.
*2.A value when a dedicated 5 A current sensor is used. A 5 A current sensor is used with two-stage configuration in combination with a current transformer (CT). Primary current value can be set up to 6000 A.
*3.Up to 6600 V can be set in combination with a voltage transformer (VT).
*4.Can be set in increments of 10 ms.