- Factory Automation Systems
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE No. 3187
TOKYO, April 19, 2018 - Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6503) announced today that it will launch a real-time data analyzer and four data collectors sequentially from the end of June 2018 as additions to its iQ Edgecross edge-computing software lineup. iQ Edgecross products support the Edgecross open software platform used to integrate factory automation (FA) and information technology (IT). The real-time data-analyzer is software equipped with proprietary artificial intelligence (AI) for data analysis and diagnostics, which customers will use to strengthen preventive maintenance and quality in their productions shops. The data collectors will enable easy, high-speed collection of data. Together, the new products will improve efficiency by strengthening edge computing in Mitsubishi Electric's e-F@ctory integrated FA solutions, which customers use to reduce total costs of development, production and maintenance.
Role of iQ Edgecross in e-F@ctory solution
- 1) Real-time data analyzer with AI strengthens preventative maintenance
- Performs real-time analysis and diagnosis of production systems under operation, using one software instead of separate software for different purposes (i.e., offline analysis and real-time diagnostics).
- Improves the accuracy of detecting equipment anomalies during real-time diagnostics using similar waveform recognition technology-a Mitsubishi Electric Maisart1 AI technology-to learn and recognize data, such as sensor waveform patterns.
- Implements preventive maintenance and quality improvement without additional programming. In the event of problems, in addition to using AI technologies, factor analysis has been simplified with statistical diagnostic tools, such as the Mahalanobis-Taguchi method (detects differences from normal operations using correlations between data sets) and multivariable regression analysis for data.
- 1Mitsubishi Electric's AI creates the State-of-the- ART in technologies:
Branded fundamental and applied AI technologies
- 2) Factory floor data easily collected at high speed using four types of data collectors
- Easily collects data from equipment and devices through data collectors that support SLMP2, OPC UA3 and MTConnect4.
- Data collectors are fully compatible with the CC-Link IE Field Network for high-speed data collection (up to 1ms) at production sites to assure highly accurate equipment control5.
- 2Seamless Message Protocol: Common protocol that enables different applications to communicate each other free of the network limitations/boundaries of Ethernet products or CC-Link IE-compatible devices
- 3Platform-independent communication standard developed by OPC Foundation in USA
- 4Communication standard for machine tools set by MTConnect Institute in USA
- 5Pre-installed in Mitsubishi Electric MELIPC MI5000 Series industrial-use computers. (Please refer to news release, "Mitsubishi Electric to Launch MELIPC Series Industrial Computers," released April 19, 2018.) In the future, the company plans to sell the software as a stand-alone product
- Factory Automation Systems
Nov 07, 2022
Aug 05, 2022
Jul 01, 2022