- Corporate News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE No. 3196
TOKYO, June 1, 2018 - Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6503) announced today that it has signed the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) aimed at promoting CSR activities based on international norms. The company was registered as a UNGC participant on May 31.
Mitsubishi Electric is committed to becoming a "global, leading green company" by delivering environmentally minded products and services and by conducting reduced-impact manufacturing operations in businesses that contribute to society. Going forward, the company will conduct its CSR activities in accordance with UNGC principles, including to help achieve the UN's sustainable development goals (SDGs).
The Ten Principles of the United Nations Global Compact
- Human Rights
- Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labor;
- Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labor; and
- Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: Businesses are asked to support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
- Corporate News
Jun 22, 2022
Jun 16, 2022
Jun 10, 2022