- Factory Automation Systems
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE No. 3232
TOKYO, November 27, 2018 - Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6503) announced today that it will launch factory automation products, such as programmable controllers, industrial PCs, servo amplifiers, GOT human-machine interfaces, inverters, and robots that are compatible with CC-Link IE TSN, the world's first industrial open network to utilize time sensitive networking (TSN)* technology. CC-Link IE TSN supports TSN technology that ensures real-time control communication on the manufacturing communications layer, even when integrated with the upper level IT system and mixed with other open networks. The launch of these new product will further enhance the integrated factory automation solution e-F@ctory** by utilizing Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and edge-computing, accelerating the realization of a smart factory solution.
- *Enhanced version of standard Ethernet that realizes mixing of different protocols using the time sharing method.
- **Integrated factory automation solution using a combination of factory automation and IT technologies, offering solutions to reduce the total cost of development, production, and maintenance.
CC-Link IE TSN logo mark
- 1)Factory automation with TSN technology realizes flexible IIoT system architecture
- Utilizing TSN technology enables integration of machine control and information communications on one Ethernet cable, allowing a flexible system configuration using standard Ethernet devices. TSN enables deterministic messaging of control communication requiring real-time control while performing information communication using general Ethernet, easily realizing large-scale industrial network systems.
- TSN enables communication with the IT system, without affecting control of the overall production system, to support the establishment of an edge-computing system that cooperates with Edgecross and the IIoT system through seamless communication with the upper IT system.
- 2)High-speed, high-accuracy motion control contributes to productivity improvement
- High-speed control communication realized with the CC-Link IE TSN protocol further reduces equipment and system cycle time for substantially improved productivity. In addition, high-accuracy motion control improves production quality.
- Slave-to-slave communication function realizes synchronous communication between slave devices*** without using a control master. High accuracy synchronous control without dead time is possible.
- ***Drive-related products such as servo amplifiers and inverters, together with remote I/Os
- 3)Easier system configuration realized with proprietary technology
- Intuitive engineering tool automatically detects TSN-compatible products on the network, substantially reducing system setup time.
- Automatic parameter registration from the master station to slave stations reduces setup time when expanding the system, adding connected devices and when replacing modules, thereby reducing overall maintenance cost.
Mitsubishi Electric will continue to develop compatible products, some of which will start shipping in spring 2019.
- Factory Automation Systems
Sep 17, 2020
Sep 15, 2020
May 20, 2020