- Factory Automation Systems
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE No. 3267
TOKYO, March 7, 2019 - Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6503) announced today that it will release the industry's first1 102 factory automation products, including programmable controllers, servo amplifiers, robots, GOTs (HMIs), inverters and CNCs that are compatible with the CC-Link IE TSN2 next-generation industrial open network, starting from May 73. Integration of machine control and information communication required for next-generation smart factories will be realized on one network, further enhancing Mitsubishi Electric's e-F@ctory4 integrated factory automation solution. In addition, high-speed, high-precision communication will improve machine performance and thereby contribute to productivity and quality improvement.
- 1 According to Mitsubishi Electric research as of March 7, 2019
- 2 Ethernet-based industrial network, based on specifications disclosed by CC-Link Partner Association on Nov. 21, 2018, that adopts TSN technology to mix different protocols through time synchronization.
- 3 For release dates in a specific regions please consult your local Mitsubishi Electric Sales Office.
- 4 Integrated factory automation solution using a combination of factory automation and IT technologies and offering solutions to reduce the total cost of development, production, and maintenance.
- 1)Factory automation products support TSN technology for highly flexible Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) system architecture
- Factory automation products offering industry-first compatibility with CC-Link IE TSN
- Separately configured machine control and information communication can be integrated into one Ethernet cable, helping to reduce system configuration design and installation costs
- Easy parameter registration allows mixing of multiple communication cycles, such as 1 Gbps and 100 Mbps, enabling easy configuration of optimum systems
- 2)High-speed, high-precision communication improves productivity and quality
- With a link scan5 of 31.25 μs, high-speed processing is 16 times6 faster compared to existing motion networks, drastically reducing facility and machine production cycle time for improved productivity
- High-precision synchronous control7 without communication delay, even in large-scale systems, realizes highly data analysis in cloud and edge computing systems, thereby improving quality
- 5 Operation of sending master station data to local station and receiving local station data at the same time
- 6 Comparison with CC-Link IE Field network motion
- 7 Communication variation time is less than ±1 μs when a maximum of 254 stations are connected
- 3)Engineering tool improves system management
- Connected device profile coordination function with CSP+8 of MELSOFT GX Works3 engineering tool manages all connected devices, including third-party partner products
- Graphically displays entire network status to allow network and fault device diagnosis with intuitive operation, helping to reduce downtime due to errors
- 8 Description language specifications released by CC-Link Partner Association. Manufacturers of connected devices provide necessary information for setup, operation, and maintenance.
- Factory Automation Systems