- Factory Automation Systems
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE No. 3268
TOKYO, March 7, 2019 - Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6503) announced today that it will launch a new series of servo systems─the General Purpose AC Servo MELSERVO J5 series (65 models) and the iQ-R Series Motion Control Unit (7 models)─starting from May 7. These will be the world's-first1 servo system products on the market to support the CC-Link IE TSN2 next-generation industrial open network. Offering industry-leading performance (servo amplifier frequency response3, etc.) and compatibility with CC-Link IE TSN, these new products will contribute to enhanced machine performance and accelerate the advancement of smart factory solutions.
- 1 According to Mitsubishi Electric research as of March 7, 2019
- 2 Ethernet-based industrial network, based on specifications disclosed by the CC-Link Partner Association on November 21, 2018, that adopts TSN technology to enable multiple protocols to exist on a single network through time synchronization.
- 3 Maximum frequency at which a motor can follow a sine wave command
- 1)Industry-leading performance for higher machine speeds and greater accuracy
- Servo amplifiers with 3.5 kHz frequency response help to shorten cycle time of production equipment.
- Servo motors equipped with industry-leading1 high-resolution encoders (67,108,864 pulses/rev) decrease torque fluctuation for accurate and stable positioning.
- 2)High-speed communication with CC-Link-IE TSN for enhanced productivity
- World's first1 motion control unit supporting CC-Link-IE TSN achieves operation cycle time of 31.25μs.
- High-speed synchronous communication with CC-Link-IE TSN between vision sensors and other connected devices increases overall machine performance.
- 3)New HK series servo motors contribute to machine value
- HK rotary servo motors connect to both 200V and 400V power supply servo amplifiers. In addition, combinations such as connecting a lower-capacity servo motor with a higher-capacity servo amplifier achieve higher speed and torque. Flexible system construction provides greater design freedom for machine builders.
- To reduce maintenance procedures, rotary servo motors are equipped with the industry's smallest1 battery-less absolute encoder developed by Mitsubishi Electric and powered by a unique self-power-generating structure.
- To save time and space during installation, power and encoder connections for servo motors are simplified into a single cable and connector.
- 4)Connectivity with multiple industrial open networks for flexible system configuration
- Selected servo amplifiers connectable to multiple industrial open networks allows users to select their preferred network or connect to their existing systems, facilitating flexible and optimum system configuration.
- Factory Automation Systems
Jun 10, 2022
Jun 07, 2022
Apr 25, 2022