- Factory Automation Systems
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE No. 3300
TOKYO, September 10, 2019 - Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6503) announced today that it will release the FR-E800 series power inverters, with a range of 44 new models, from December 9. The new series, with safety functionality meeting IEC 61508 standards, supports various networks such as CC-Link IE TSN, a next-generation open industrial network, and make manufacturing smarter in various fields by integrating the world's first1 corrosive gas environment detection circuit2 and the industry's first1 AI-based diagnostic functions. From April 2020, Mitsubishi Electric will release successive new models with safety communication features such as safely-limited speed, similarly conforming to relevant IEC standards. The product range will be further expanded to a total of 120 models.
- 1According to Mitsubishi Electric research as of September 10, 2019
- 2Patent pending. Relevant press release dated September 4, 2019:
"Mitsubishi Electric Develops World's First Metal Corrosion Sensor Designed for Mounting on Printed Circuit Boards"
- 1)Various networks supported, enabling smart factories and facilities
- Ethernet models and safety communication models support various open industrial networks such as CC-Link IE TSN, Ethernet/IP, and MODBUS/TCP. This will contribute to productivity improvement and energy saving at facilities including infrastructure such as air conditioning units and water treatment facilities.
- 2)Downtime reduction owing to predictive maintenance and data analysis
- Integrating the world's first corrosive gas environment detection circuit makes it possible to identify signs of inverter damage caused by hydrogen sulfide or other corrosive gases, reducing equipment downtime.
- Maisart®3 is integrated in the inverter setup software FR Configurator2. The causes of downtime such as overcurrent caused by bursts of acceleration are analyzed using the industry's first AI-based diagnostic functions, helping to reduce such downtime.
- 3 Mitsubishi Electric's AI creates the State-of-the- ART in technology
- 3)Safety functions to ensure safe operation of equipment (to be supported from April 2020)
- The safety of operators is ensured by the incorporation of safety functions conforming to international standards.
- The motor speed is calculated based on the current value or other data without using speed detectors when the safely-limited speed function is used. This will contribute to reductions in the use of wiring and to cost savings.
Development Completion Schedule
|FR-E820-0.1KE to 7.5KE, 9 models||Contact our
in FY 2021
|FR-E840-0.4KE to 7.5KE, 7 models|
|FR-E860-0.75KE to 7.5KE, 6 models|
|FR-E820-0.1K to 7.5K,
|FR-E840-0.4K to 7.5K,
|FR-E860-0.75K to 7.5K,
- Factory Automation Systems
Nov 07, 2022
Aug 05, 2022
Jul 01, 2022