- Building Systems
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE No. 3386
TOKYO, December 7, 2020 - Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6503) announced today the immediate commercial launch of its new u series of escalators, which enhance passenger safety and comfort and also achieve significant energy savings compared to previous models. The company is targeting annual sales of 500 units in the ASEAN, Middle Eastern, Latin American and Indian markets.
Mitsubishi u series escalator
- 1)Enhanced passenger safety and comfort
- The "Slow-stop function" slowly decelerates the escalator when an emergency stop is made, and the optional "Speed change operation" enables low-speed operation, both of which reduce the risk of passengers falling, for enhanced safety and comfort.
- A higher curb-like deck board helps to prevent passengers from stepping their feet on this stationary part, thereby avoiding potential accidents.
- An optional built-in ultraviolet light sterilizes the handrail to lower infection risks (not guaranteed to prevent all risks of infection).
- 2)Energy Savings
- A variable-voltage variable-frequency (VVVF) inverter control optimizes motor efficiency, especially for light loads.
- In the case of few or no passengers, an optional function can slow or stop the escalator to reduce energy consumption by about 30%.1
- A regenerative converter enables electric power generated as the escalator descends with a certain passenger load to be converted for other electrical needs in the building.
- Optional LEDs used for various lights reduce power consumption and achieve long life.
- 1Compared to Mitsubishi Electric's previous model without inverter; assuming step width of 1,000mm, rise of 5,000mm, 100 passengers per hour and 20 to 30 minutes of stand-by per hour
- 3)Industry-leading compact size (Type S1000)
- By optimizing the equipment space, Mitsubishi Electric has achieved the industry's shortest escalator length2 for more flexible building design.
- Some 25% reduction in truss weight3 was achieved by substantially reducing the amount of structural material, without resulting in any loss of structural strength.
- 2Based on in-house research of models in the Type S1000 model range, as of Nov. 2020
- 3Compared to Mitsubishi Electric's previous model
|Product name||Type4||Rated speed||Price||Launch||Targeted Sales|
|0.5 meter per
|By quote||December 7, 2020||500 units
- 4S1000 (step width: 1,000 mm) for 2 passengers and both S800 (800 mm) and S600 (600 mm) for 1 passenger
- Building Systems
Jul 29, 2022
Apr 07, 2022
Feb 17, 2022