- Semiconductors & Devices
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE No. 3417
TOKYO, June 9, 2021 - Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6503) announced today the coming launch of its T-series 2.0kV Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) Module for Industrial Use, the world's first IGBT1 with 2.0kV withstand voltage, on June 30. The module is ideally suited to increase the efficiency and reduce the size of renewable-energy power converters, which are in high demand due to the growing use of renewable-energy power supplies. The module will be exhibited at the Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC) 2021 Virtual Exposition from June 15 to 16.
- 1According to Mitsubishi Electric research as of June 9, 2021
T-series 2.0kV IGBT Module for Industrial Use (2.0kV/400A)
- 1)World-first IGBT with 2.0kV withstand voltage for more compact DC1500V power converters
- World's first 2.0kV-rated IGBT suitable for DC1500V-rated power converters, which are difficult to design using conventional 1.7kV-rated IGBTs.
- Enables development of simpler and smaller DC1500V-rated power converters without need for complex topology, such as three-level NPC (I-type connection).2
- 2Circuit topology consisting of four series-connected IGBTs and two clamp diodes connected to voltage-neutral point in one leg
- 2)7th-generation IGBT and RFC diodes help reduce power loss in power converters
- Suitable for high-voltage, lower-power-loss applications as latest (7th-generation) IGBT with CSTBT™ 3 structure and RFC (Relax Field of Cathode) diodes4 optimized for high withstand voltage.
- 3Mitsubishi Electric's unique IGBT that utilizes the carrier cumulative effect
- 4Mitsubishi Electric's original diode that optimizes electron mobility on cathode side
Power semiconductors for efficiently controlling electric power are attracting wider application and increasing demand as key devices that can help to lower the carbon footprint of global society. Meanwhile, power grids that use renewable-energy power sources are required to realize increasingly higher power-conversion efficiency through deployment of higher system operating voltages. For this purpose, power converters rated at DC1500V, the upper limit of the Low Voltage Directive5, have been developed. In response, Mitsubishi Electric will soon launch its 2.0kV IGBT T-series suitable for DC1500V power converters, which is expected to help simplify the design and downsizing of such converters as well as raise their efficiency.
- 5Common safety regulations that enable electrical equipment approved by any EU member country to be accepted for use in all other EU countries
|Product||Model||Rated voltage||Rated current||Isolation voltage||Connection||Size
W X D (mm)
|CM400DY-40T||2.0kV||400A||4kVrms||2in1||80 X 110|
- Semiconductors & Devices
Dec 22, 2022
Dec 13, 2022
Dec 06, 2022