Joint Statement to Pursue Developments of Switchgears Using Natural-Origin Gases
November 2, 2021
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
Toshiba Energy Systems & Solutions Corporation
The 9 companies including Meidensha Corporation, Mitsubushi Electric Corporation, Toshiba Energy Systems & Solutions Corporation, ILJIN electric Co., Ltd., Mitsubishi Electric Power Products, Inc., Nuventura GmbH, Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG and Siemens Energy Global GmbH & Co. KG have announced today that the companies presented the joint statement to pursue development of switchgears for power grids using natural-origin gases as alternatives to sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) known as a potent global warming gas.
In the present statement, as measures to prevent global warming, it will be significant to develop switchgears using natural-origin gases, such as mixture of nitrogen and oxygen, and carbon dioxide and oxygen, as alternative electrical insulating gases to SF6. The companies are disseminating the positions to power grid operators and government officials all over the world to promote technological innovation toward the practical application of switchgears using natural-origin gases.
The 9 companies will contribute to the realization of climate-neutrality and sustainable clean energy networks, which is being promoted around the world, by developments of switchgears using natural-origin gases and product supplies.
- * Revised at November 22,2021. Eaton Corporation agreed this statement. Total 10 companies presented the joint statement.
- Flash announcement: Notice and request to customers who use the Mitsubishi Electric ET-N electric motor protection relay
- Flash announcement: Notice of EU RoHS Directive on Compact PLCs, Tension Controllers and HMIs
- Joint Statement to Pursue Developments of Switchgears Using Natural-Origin Gases
- Flash announcement: Precautionary notice for selected general-purpose frequency inverters
- Mitsubishi Electric Response to Novel Coronavirus