Environmentally themed song, “Green Harmony from Asia”
Smile again Every child, every soul of nature Don’t cry any more Say goodbye to legacy pollutions Try again Every step, every cure of healing Don’t sigh any more Blessing future will be coming soon Can you feel green, how wonderful? Can’t you see, how beautiful? Everything alive on the earth Can live together in harmony On my mind While regaining Every air, every land and water Bringing together I hope you join us For a greener tomorrow Sing a song Green harmony from Asia (×4) While regaining Every air, every land and water Bringing together I hope you join us For a greener tomorrow Sing a song Green harmony from Asia (×3)
Cherishing our planet, everyone does their part to preserve the wonders of nature for the children of the future.
With this image in mind, Mitsubishi Electric of the Asia-Pacific region shares with the world an environmental message in the form of an original theme song: “Green Harmony from Asia.”
As the economy continues to develop in Asia, environmental preservation is becoming more and more important. The region currently faces a number of serious environmental issues such as rising sea levels and an increase in major disasters resulting from climate change, which is believed to be induced by greenhouse gas emissions. To make matters worse, air pollution in the form of haze and particulate matter is widespread, and soil and water are being contaminated from the disposal and discharge of hazardous wastes. If people do not take action, it is likely that the situation will only worsen in the future.
On the other hand, there is no instant remedy for environmental problems, and there are limits to what individuals can do on their own. The solution will take ongoing efforts over many years. For this reason, it will be necessary to get people thinking about environmental issues, raise mutual awareness focusing on the next generation, and eventually change our very society.
We hope that the song “Green Harmony from Asia” will inspire in people a sense of responsibility toward the environment, and we believe that sharing Mitsubishi Electric’s eco-conscious mindset with them may lead to enormous benefits. Our wish is to encourage the world, through this song, to adopt environmentally friendly lifestyles and aim for sustainable societies; in addition, we aim to strengthen the bonds between people all over the world as fellow inhabitants of the Earth, giving them the courage to face environmental problems.
The song is an original composition created over a period of three months by Environmental Manager of the Mitsubishi Electric Asia Corporate Office. It was first introduced at the Mitsubishi Electric Group Asia Environmental Conference, held during September 2013 in Singapore. All participating members sang the song together, expressing a spirit of cooperation and unity built upon a mutual concern for the environment. The song was recorded live onto a CD and is now accessible in the upper portion of this page.
In addition, Sachiyo, a Japanese singer-songwriter based in Singapore, makes a cameo appearance. She sings the last phrase as a solo performance, and her beautiful, angelic voice leaves a lasting impression. Sachiyo has appeared in concerts to support relief efforts for the Great East Japan Earthquake, and her activities are supported by various Singaporean and Japanese-affiliated companies, including Mitsubishi Electric.
“Green Harmony from Asia” sends a green message to our entire planet, with the aim of realizing a better, greener tomorrow for everyone.
- Teaching environmental protection and sustainability through tree planting
- Lakeshore clean-up drive
- Mitsubishi Electric participates in China-Japan Green Expo 2011
- Mitsubishi Electric companies join electric vehicle test-bed in Singapore
- Planting trees in Thailand park
- Planting 1000 trees in West Java
- Mangrove forest preservation project in Thailand
- Mangrove tree planting at nature park in Jakarta
- The Power of Green exhibition
- Eco Changes communications launched in China
- Eco activities in Bangkok on World Environment Day 2012
- Planting Trees Today for a Better Life Tomorrow
- Skits to Demonstrate the Importance of Environmental Conservation
- Planting of 1000 Trees, Drawing Competition, and Other Philanthropic Activities
- Tree Planting in Gurgaon for a Greener Tomorrow
- Environmentally themed song, “Green Harmony from Asia”
- Employee Volunteers Plant Mangroves and Release Mangrove Crabs in Pak Maenam Prasae, Rayong (Thailand)
- Tree Planting with Children to Beat Concrete Expansion in Gurgaon, India
- Arboretum Garden in Depok, Indonesia
- Canal Cleaning with Local Residents in Samutprakarn, Thailand
- Employee Volunteers Plant 5,000 Mangroves in Lake Klongkon (Thailand)