Planting Trees Today for a Better Life Tomorrow
Mitsubishi Electric Company Sales Malaysia Sdn Bhd (MELCO Malaysia) conducted a tree planting on March 2, 2013, in order to show its concern for our planet, in light of recent concerns over global warming.
Under the theme “Plant a tree, plant a hope, plant a better living,” MELCO Malaysia employees and their families gathered at Taman Rimba Riang, a park in Kota Damansara (Petaling Jaya), to plant more than 30 trees. They were aided by the local city council, Majlis Bandaraya Petaling Jaya. The event was successful, and after the planting session volunteers were provided snacks by the city council, and presented with gifts from MELCO Malaysia as a sign of appreciation.
Says MELCO Malaysia Managing Director Mr. Tadashi Hiraoka: “People have known for many years now that the Earth is facing the threat of global warming, but the situation for our planet has not improved. In fact, the issue is getting more serious every day. This ‘Plant a Tree’ event is an opportunity for us here at MELCO Malaysia to do our part in helping our planet by making it greener. Hopefully, it will become a better place for us to live.” He adds that the event is also in line with Mitsubishi Electric’s corporate statement “Changes for the Better”.
Representatives say that as part of a multinational corporation, MELCO Malaysia truly feels that it is responsible not only for the customers’ well-being in the day-to-day running of its business, but also for that of the environment and society as a whole.
- Teaching environmental protection and sustainability through tree planting
- Lakeshore clean-up drive
- Mitsubishi Electric participates in China-Japan Green Expo 2011
- Mitsubishi Electric companies join electric vehicle test-bed in Singapore
- Planting trees in Thailand park
- Planting 1000 trees in West Java
- Mangrove forest preservation project in Thailand
- Mangrove tree planting at nature park in Jakarta
- The Power of Green exhibition
- Eco Changes communications launched in China
- Eco activities in Bangkok on World Environment Day 2012
- Planting Trees Today for a Better Life Tomorrow
- Skits to Demonstrate the Importance of Environmental Conservation
- Planting of 1000 Trees, Drawing Competition, and Other Philanthropic Activities
- Tree Planting in Gurgaon for a Greener Tomorrow
- Environmentally themed song, “Green Harmony from Asia”
- Employee Volunteers Plant Mangroves and Release Mangrove Crabs in Pak Maenam Prasae, Rayong (Thailand)
- Tree Planting with Children to Beat Concrete Expansion in Gurgaon, India
- Arboretum Garden in Depok, Indonesia
- Canal Cleaning with Local Residents in Samutprakarn, Thailand
- Employee Volunteers Plant 5,000 Mangroves in Lake Klongkon (Thailand)