Environmental report 2017
Every fiscal year Mitsubishi Electric produces a detailed Environmental Report that covers the goals and plans of the Group, and provides data on the environmental performance of business activities, and the results of various environmental efforts in Japan and globally.
- Targets and achievements of the 8th Environmental Plan (fiscal 2016-2018)
- Long-term perspective and management approach towards solutions for environmental issues
- Environmental considerations for value chain management
- Fiscal 2017 environmental data
- Initiatives toward creating a low-carbon society
- Initiatives toward creating a recycling-based society
- Managing chemical substances
- Environmental communication
Creating a Society in Tune with Nature
Mitsubishi Electric investigates the living creatures found at its various business sites, and takes steps to preserve biodiversity on its premises.
Delivering solutions that address environmental issues and contribute to a greener future.
From the president
Aiming to become a global,
leading green company.
Basic policy and approach to environmental management
Goals for 2021
Reduction of CO2 emissions
Reduction of CO2 emissions from product usage and production
Recycling rate of waste plastic
Recycling rate of waste plastic from end-of-lifecycle appliances
Nature conservation activities
Number of people per year participating in nature conservation and environmental leadership training.
The Environment and business
- Evaluation of the importance of environmental issues
- Public Utility Systems Group
- Energy & Industrial Systems Group
- Building Systems Group
- Electronic Systems Group
- Communication Systems Group
- Living Environment & Digital Media Equipment Group
- Factory Automation Systems Group
- Automotive Equipment Group
- Semiconductor & Device Group
- Information Systems & Network Service Group
Discover some of the ways we're changing the global environment for the better.
Bringing water back to life through the powers of electricity, bubbles, and ozone
Here we present entirely new water recycling technology that utilizes the power of electricity to break down substances in water that were previously difficult to manage. We discuss the features of this technology and give some examples of its applications, including "microbubbles" that remove grime with the power of bubbles, and ozone generators called "ozonizers" that produce delicious, safe, clear water with the power of ozone.
A model business for a sustainable future
Until now, it was considered difficult to recirculate plastics, or recycle them from home electronics appliances for reuse in new home electronics appliances, as only 6% of the material could be recycled. However, Japan's first large-scale, high-purity plastics recycling system has raised that rate to 70%, more than 10 times the previous level. We will introduce the secret behind this technology, and how it evolved.
Eco Changes: an introduction
An overview of Eco Changes and how we're helping create a greener tomorrow.
Use this sitemap to explore our extensive environmental activities and information provided within this website.