Tree Planting with Children to Beat Concrete Expansion in Gurgaon, India
Mitsubishi Electric India (MEI) initiated a tree planting drive at the Huda City Centre, in Sector 29 of Gurgaon. The tree planting drive was a part of the MEI CSR Initiative to promote greenery in Gurgaon City. With more and more concrete expansion, Gurgaon—a satellite city of Delhi— has lost most of its green cover. However, with constant attention being given to the issue, several organizations have rallied together over the past few years to restore the green cover.
The activity was carried out on August 30, 2014, in partnership with an NGO and Bluebells International School in Gurgaon, from which over 50 students participated on the day of the tree planting.
Since the inception of the tree planting campaign last year, with the movement in line with the environmental statement "Eco Changes," a significant number of trees have been planted in Gurgaon. This campaign is usually launched during the monsoon season with the active participation of local school children.
MEI has planted over 8,000 saplings, which have had a minimal mortality rate since they are cared for by a team of gardeners and an irrigation supervisor, who combined put in 1,200 man-hours per month for the upkeep and maintenance of the plants.
- Teaching environmental protection and sustainability through tree planting
- Lakeshore clean-up drive
- Mitsubishi Electric participates in China-Japan Green Expo 2011
- Mitsubishi Electric companies join electric vehicle test-bed in Singapore
- Planting trees in Thailand park
- Planting 1000 trees in West Java
- Mangrove forest preservation project in Thailand
- Mangrove tree planting at nature park in Jakarta
- The Power of Green exhibition
- Eco Changes communications launched in China
- Eco activities in Bangkok on World Environment Day 2012
- Planting Trees Today for a Better Life Tomorrow
- Skits to Demonstrate the Importance of Environmental Conservation
- Planting of 1000 Trees, Drawing Competition, and Other Philanthropic Activities
- Tree Planting in Gurgaon for a Greener Tomorrow
- Environmentally themed song, “Green Harmony from Asia”
- Employee Volunteers Plant Mangroves and Release Mangrove Crabs in Pak Maenam Prasae, Rayong (Thailand)
- Tree Planting with Children to Beat Concrete Expansion in Gurgaon, India
- Arboretum Garden in Depok, Indonesia
- Canal Cleaning with Local Residents in Samutprakarn, Thailand
- Employee Volunteers Plant 5,000 Mangroves in Lake Klongkon (Thailand)