Bringing solar-powered holiday cheer to a Southern California family
Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc. dispatched a volunteer crew of employees to bring the power of the Sun to a Santa Ana, California family in need. The company, based nearby in Cypress, Orange County, sponsored and helped install a 2.1kW solar electric system, which will cover 96 percent of the family's electricity needs, and deliver significant savings on their electric bills over the life of the system. The clean energy generated by the solar modules will prevent almost 70 tons of greenhouse gas emissions, or taking 12 cars off the road, and is equivalent to planting 200 trees. The installation was coordinated through GRID Alternatives, a non-profit organization that works with volunteers to install solar electric systems for low-income homeowners in California.
- Bringing solar-powered holiday cheer to a Southern California family
- Global Youth Service Day at Sunrise Lake Outdoor Education Center
- Planting Day at special needs school
- USA 'Green Team' plants trees on Earth Day
- USA Green Team participates in beach cleanup project