7.2/12/15kV Metal-enclosed Switchgear Type MS-E
- Type testing of the MS-E was performed by an independent external testing and certification authority, KEMA, in the Netherlands.
- MS-E is designed with the benefit of Mitsubishi's vast medium voltage panels production experience of hundreds of thousands of panels over the last almost 60 years.
- All components, such as current transformers, voltage transformers and multi-function relays are made of the highest quality materials.
- Heat stress analysis of the switchgear structure has led to a heat-resistant design in which circuit breakers up to 3150 A are self-cooled (i.e. cooling fans not required).
- The reduced number of parts reduces the chance of failure.
- Partitions between compartments and an automatic shutter system (for withdrawable equipment primary junctions) completely isolate live parts.
- Safe operation and maintenance is ensured with the adoption of comprehensive interlocking mechanisms.
- In the event of an internal arc fault, the MS-E is designed to withstand the huge pressure and burning effect of the arc. (Relief flaps located on top of the panel open to limit pressure.)
- Withdrawable equipments are inserted / withdrawn whilst the front panel door is closed so that any arc proof rating is not compromised (in line with IEC 62271-200 requirements).
- Installation and testing duration are considerably reduced as the panel is tested and adjusted in the factory and then delivered as a complete unit.
- Panels with main circuit and control cable entry from either the top or bottom are available.
|Rated nominal current (A)||630, 1250, 2000, 3150, 4000* (4000A with force cooling)|
|Rated power freq. voltage(kV)||20/28/36-1min|
|Rated lightning impulse voltage(kV)||60/75/95|
|Rated short-time withstand current (kA)||25/31.5/40|
|Rated duration of short-time current (sec)||3|
|Internal Arc Classification||AFLR 40kA/1sec|
|Dimension WxDxH[mm] (for 630A feeder)||800 x 1500 x 2600|